Register for Services
In order to receive disability services, you will have to provide documentation verifying the disability and your need for accommodations. Verification information typically includes, but is not limited to:
- a clear diagnosis from a qualified professional
- description of evaluation methods
- current limitations in the academic setting
- description of current/past accommodations
- medications and possible side effects
- possible accommodations needed
Steps to Register
- Complete the Student Disability Services Registration Form and submit the form to Student Disability Services in the Student Success and Academic Advising Center.
- Submit documentation to verify your disability.
- Schedule a meeting with Student Disability Services staff prior to the beginning of classes, or as soon as possible if classes have already begun. (Meeting will be a phone or in-person interview.)
- Pick up your accommodation information–“Confidential Student Summary”–from Student Disability Services in the Student Success and Academic Advising Center.
- Meet with your professors/instructors during their office hours as soon as possible to discuss your accommodations.
- Pick up the “Confidential Student Summary” at the beginning of every subsequent semester to receive accommodations.
- Schedule a follow-up appointment with a Student Disability Services staff member if you are not receiving an accommodation or if you need additional support.
The Student Disability Services Registration Form and documentation verifying disability can be submitted in a variety of ways:
- Hand deliver to the Student Success and Academic Advising Center in Room 210 in the Pope John Paul II Center
- Scan it and attach it to an email to Geneva Burgess at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail a copy to:
Student Success and Academic Advising Center
Attn: Geneva Burgess
2701 Spring Street
Fort Wayne, IN 46808